Friday, January 30, 2009

Sweet Defeat

I am well aware that I have no business buying any kind of frozen anything mid-winter and with a cold, but I think with my eyes and reason with my stomach when it comes to sugar.

Sweet Retreat, my favorite neighborhood ice cream shop. Open 'til 11. Closed for nothing. They offer giant servings of real frozen yogurt made with your choice of whole fruit made-to-order.



Drove home eating it the way I always eat cupped ice cream (clock-wise, outside in -- It prevents melting), and I found a hair. (ugh) freaking a--...so..NASSSty...God! why, why, why, why....I wanna kill...everything...please, WHY... Winced from disgust and genuine anger, pulled over, flicked a spoonful of ice cream and that hair into the street, visualized PG-13 places a short-and-curly could fall from, then finished my ice cream.

Stupid hair. Stupid irrational appetite for sugar.






Music choice: Bitter Sweet Symphony. Has the word "sweet" in it and I like it. It's reason enough

Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve

3 comments:

AfroDandy said...

AND you still ate it ??? what about the hairs you didn't see ? you ate those too ! Gross, whatever makes your crotch glow.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming one of my assistant banquet managers. Stop by on February 16th and see the shout-out I give you.
So You Want To Be a Banquet Manager

illsomniac said...

Oooo - Sweet Retreat eh!?

Must be really good frozen yogurt even after the fact.

I will check this place out and do some 'eye thinking' and buy some yogurt with extra short-and-curly hair. Could be chest hair........