Wednesday, January 14, 2009

H - Words

If you are not one of the many people I force-fed this url to, I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and the nature of this blog. First off, Hungry Hungry Hipster was basically born from the template Hungry Hungry H - word. The alternatives were "hobbit" and "hoe cake"; naturally I opted for "hipster". That said, I am not a hipster. I'm more so a hungry hungry human with pseudo-elitist tendencies.

Instances of trendiness:
  • Vegan Meat Substitutes (Coconut is my other white meat)
  • Skinny Jeans (They are four years old. How was I supposed to know they'd come back?)
  • Pop Princess Bob (It accents my jawline. Sue me.)
Mainly this blog is about food. About the raw emotions that bubble from deep within my being when the right concoction of crushed sediments, refined roughage, and murdered animal carcasses combine to create a palate pleasing alchemy. It is about the friends and loved ones who come together over exotic courses or home-styled classics to politick, bond, and pick up the check. Really it's about experiencing life through the bloated stomach of a foodie.

Because I can't virtually share with you extacy of eating, I'll do my best to recreate the experience here with vaguely relating music links and poorly photoshopped pictures of entrees I'll probably misspell.

Thanks for indulging.

2 comments:

Mike the Waiter said...

Coconut is my other white meat--I love it! and as for hoe cake... well, you know that would not be a good fit.
wishing you the best.
mTw

Anonymous said...

I hate cheap food. I hate it. I also hate falafels, but fortunately, I love your blog (thus far...).

XOXO all the way from the U.K.